We need your help!
Support the local community and have a blast at the St Augustine Pirate Gathering. Volunteers help man the gate and entrances, monitor the kid’s area, parade and the main stage tent. Volunteers are guaranteed to have a good time at this event.
The St Augustine Pirate Gathering combines the History of St Augustine with the quirkiness and fantasy of pirate life. For four days in November, a tract of cleared timberland is transformed into a swashbuckling pirate village. The event includes a Large Marketplace layed out as four distinct Pirate Ports of Call, a HUGE Kidz Zone, Pirate Victory Promenade, FIVE Pirate Pubs, Two Stages of live music, wandering performers, live steel sword fighting, black powder cannon volleys
- Set-Up/Decoration – Help transform Blackbeard’s Refuge from an empty field into a pirate village.
- Runner/Grounds – Help keep our pirate village running and beautiful. These volunteers assist with everything from vendor hospitality to groundskeeping.
- Family/Kid’s Area – Volunteers assist our littlest pirates with arts, crafts, and games.
- Front Gate – Volunteers are responsible for re-entry points and crowd security.
- Promenade – Volunteers assist with checking in parade entries, crowd management, and parade flow.
- Breakdown – After the pirates sail the seas, volunteers assist in restoring the field to it’s natural state.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the form below and you will be contacted by our Volunteer Coordinator.
Volunteers commit to a minimum of a 3 hour shift, but are welcome to choose to volunteer for additional shifts.
Volunteers receive free admission for that day and a volunteer staff T-shirt.